Everglades After Dark
Group Leader – Robert Chaplin
August 10-14, 2017
All photos by Robert Chaplin.
As a life long Florida resident, Robert’s vast experience in the Everglades offers a unique experience not available elsewhere. He has been leading workshops in the Everglades for years and often spent a portion photographing at night. Due to an ever increasing interest in night photography, he has decided to schedule a workshop totally dedicated to the photo opportunities in the Everglades at night.
Experience the Everglades after dark and learn how to photograph night landscapes and the night sky.Spend 4 nights learning the techniques for photographing night landscapes, static stars, star trails, the Milky Way, the moon, and the Perseid meteor shower.
Recommended Camera Equipment:
- Fast Lenses – f/2.8 or faster.
- Wide angle lens – fixed focal length or zoom.
- Long lens (f/5.6 or faster) – for moon photography.
- Sturdy tripod.
- Cable release.
.What you will learn:
- How to plan your shot.
- Optimal camera settings for your equipment.
- How to focus at night.
- How to shoot star trails.
- How to shoot static stars.
- How to shoot the Milky Way
- How to shoot a meteor shower.
- How to shoot the moon and get a perfect exposure every time.
- Photoshop demonstration and overview for processing images created at night.
- How to use a light at night when shooting with a group.
Join Robert in the Everglades and take your photography to new heights.
Fees: $945 (van transportation while at the workshop – limited to first three requests – can be added for an additional $125, and pickup at the airport on Aug 09 at 4 p.m. and drop off at the airport on Aug 14 by 1 p.m. can be added for an additional $75). We will coordinate the sharing of rental cars if requested, for those not riding with us. Estimated lodging: $55 double occupancy, $110 single Airport for pickup: Miami, FL Hiking Rating – Easy Minimum number of participants – 1; maximum participants – 8.